Academic Assembly is the statutory body representing academic staff in the governance structure of the University.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the work of the Academic Assembly, or if you would like to submit an agenda item for consideration, please contact Caroline Harris, ext 4141.
|Name||Position||Term of office|
|Dr A Salo||Chair||31/07/2018|
|Professor Dame Glynis Breakwell||President and Vice-Chancellor||ex-officio|
|Professor B Morley||Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost||ex-officio|
|Professor J Knight||Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research)||ex-officio|
|Professor P Lambert||Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching)||ex-officio|
|Ms K Robinson||University Librarian||ex-officio|
And all staff in the Education and Research Job Family (Senate minute 12827, 22nd October 2008)
Terms of Reference
Approved by Privy Council 1966. The Academic Assembly may discuss and declare an opinion on any matter whatsoever relating to the University, including any matters referred to it by the Senate, and, if it so decides, submit resolutions to the Senate. (Section 22.4 of the Statutes).
- Procedure: Standing Orders of Academic Assembly
- Membership and Appointment of Chair: Membership defined in Section 22 of the Statutes. Chair elected by Academic Assembly as prescribed in Section 22.2 of the Statutes and Ordinance 11
- Co-option: No provision
- Alternates: No provision
- Quorum: 25 members (Section 28.1(iv) of the Statutes)
- Rules for voting: See Standing Orders Section 10
- Minutes: Recommendations to Senate and circulation of minutes to Members
- Other: There shall be at least one ordinary meeting of the Academic Assembly during each year, within fifteen months of the preceding meeting, which shall be addressed by the Vice-Chancellor (Section 22.3 of the Statutes). The chair may at any time at his or her discretion, and shall, upon the request of the Vice-Chancellor or upon the requisition in writing of not less than twenty members of the Academic Assembly stating the purpose for which the meeting is to be called, summon an extraordinary meeting of the Academic Assembly.
Dr Aki Salo, Chair of Academic Assembly, welcomes your comments email@example.com