The Remuneration Committee, under delegated authority from Council, determines the remuneration of senior officers of the University. The minutes of meetings of the Remuneration Committee are submitted to Council.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Remuneration Committee, please contact Richard Brooks, ext 6702.
The terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
|Name||Position||Term of Office|
|Mr T Sheppard||Chair, Chair of Council||
|Mr P Wyman||Treasurer||
|Professor Dame Glynis Breakwell *||President and Vice-Chancellor||
|Mr J Preston||Lay member of Council, elected by Council||2017|
|Mr J Stanion||Lay member of Council, elected by Council||
* The Vice-Chancellor will cease to be a member of the Committee and will withdraw from the meeting when the Vice-Chancellor’s own remuneration is being discussed.
Terms of Reference
Approved by Council 7th July 1995, Revised by Council 5th July 1996 and 22nd October 2009.
- Under delegated authority from Council, to determine the remuneration of the Vice-Chancellor, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, the Pro-Vice-Chancellors, the Deans, the University Secretary, the Director of Finance, and the Director of Estates. The Committee will ensure that the performance of the named Officers is assessed
- To determine the severance payments to senior staff earning in excess of £100K per year in accordance with HEFCE Guidance.
- Appointment of Chair: The Chair of Council is Chair of the Remuneration Committee
- Co-option: See Council Standing Orders 16(iv) and 16(v)
- Alternates: Not permitted (Council Standing Order 17 (iii))
- Quorum: One third of the membership (Council Standing Order 16(vi)).