Programmes & Partnerships Approval Committee
The Programmes and Partnerships Approval Committee is responsible to Senate for detailed scrutiny of full proposals for new programmes, collaborative arrangements, student exchange arrangements, professional accreditations, and major changes to programmes excluding withdrawals.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Programmes and Partnerships Approval Committee, please contact Catherine Harrison, ext 3373.
Terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
|Dr Bruce Rayton||Chair, appointed by Senate||
|Dr Sally Clift||Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Engineering & Design||
|Dr Ed Keogh||Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Humanities & Social Sciences||
|Dr Alan Hayes||Associate Dean nominated by the Dean of Science||
|Dr Philip Cooper||Associate Dean/Head of Learning and Teaching nominated by the Dean and Head of School of Management||
|Dr Florin Bisset||Acting Head of Learning Partnerships||
|Professor Manuchehr Soleimani||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Engineering and Design nominated by the Dean of Engineering and Design||
|Dr Philip Rogers||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Science nominated by the Dean of Science||
|Dr Lynda Porter||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the School of Management nominated by the Dean of the School of Management||
|Dr Jessica Francombe-Webb||Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences nominated by the Dean of Humanities & Social Sciences||
|Mr A Kearns||One Students' Union Officer nominated by the Students' Union||
Secretary: Catherine Harrison, Quality & Academic Governance Officer, Academic Registry
The following Officers routinely attend meetings of the Committee:
|Mrs Wendy Hopkins||Quality Enhancement Officer, Academic Registry|
|Mr James Arthur||Head of Student Records and Examinations|
In attendance , Representation and Research Manager, Students’ Union on particular items, subject to approval of the Chair: External and internal persons with relevant expertise to advice the Committee Members of academic staff to present proposals to the committee.
Terms of Reference
Approved by Senate 9th June 2010, revised 22nd February 2012, 13th June 2012, 15th October 2014
- To undertake detailed scrutiny for grant of full approval to new programmes (whether to be delivered by the University or a collaborative partner) and make recommendations to Senate accordingly.
- To consider and approve:
- requests for lighter touch paperwork and scrutiny requirements in relation to the full approval of new programmes (including variants of existing awards and new exit awards) and collaborative provision where the potential benefits are considered to outweigh the risks;
- the arrangements for the delivery of an existing programme, including research degree programmes, by a collaborative partner, following detailed scrutiny of their capacity to meet University of Bath standards;
- the renewal of the arrangements for collaborative provision, including collaborative arrangements in research degree programmes, following detailed scrutiny of a collaborative partner’s capacity to maintain University of Bath standards in their delivery of the programme of study;
- proposals for new, modified or renewed exchange arrangements, following appropriate scrutiny;
- major changes to programmes of study (other than the withdrawal of programmes or collaborative provision);
- exemptions to the University’s academic infrastructure;
- professional accreditation submissions.
- in relation to the School of Management, Degree Scheme Review outcomes and action plans and determination of the process for monitoring implementation of each action plan in line with expectations set out in the Quality Assurance Code of Practice.
- to approve cross-programme changes and policies relating to collaborative provision.
Membership: The term of office for nominated members of the Committee is three years (renewable). In the event that a nominated member ceases to be eligible to serve, a replacement to serve for the remainder of their term of office will be nominated (renewable).
Co-option: At the discretion of the Committee in accordance with Senate Standing Order 16.
Alternates: Permitted in accordance with Senate Standing Order 17.
Quorum: One third of the membership of the Committee (Senate Standing Order 16).
Rules for Voting: None
Minutes: Submitted to Senate, Academic Programmes Committee and Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee.