Holburne Museum Higher Education Strategy Board
The Holburne Museum Higher Education Strategy Board has responsibility for advising the Holburne Museum Board of Trustees on developing strategies in respect of HE activities for the Museum.
Terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
|Mr M Humphriss||University of Bath (Chair)|
|Professor N Sammells||Bath Spa University|
|Professor P Lambert||University of Bath|
|Dr K Doern||Bath Spa University|
|Professor A Taylor||Bath Spa University|
|Professor S Poole||University of the West of England|
|Professor S Shaw-Miller||University of Bristol|
|Mr J Eastman||University of Bath|
The following Officers routinely attend meetings of the Board:
|Ms Jennifer Scott||Director of the Holburne Museum|
|Mr R Armstrong-Haworth||Director of the Vice-Chancellor's Office||Bath Spa University|
Terms of Reference
Approved by Executive Committee on 19 June 2013.
- To advise the Holburne on its operation as a Museum within the Higher Education sector, so that it can make real contribution to, and benefit from, teaching and research at the four Higher Education Institutions within its membership.
- To maintain an overview of the Museum's activities, ensuring that its mission and strategies are appropriately aligned with the institutional goals of Bath Spa University and the University of Bath, as well as supporting academic strategies at the other Higher Education Institutions within its membership.
- To recommend to the Holburne Trustees a strategy and plan for the Museum in relation to HE activities that is appropriately resourced and sustainable.
- To receive from the Trustees an annual report on implementation and outcome of the agreed strategy by the Museum.
- To consider with the Museum the co-ordination and development of arts initiatives.
- Membership and Appointment of Chair: Chair appointed by the Bath Spa University Vice-Chancellor from Bath Spa University Executive Group or appointed by the University of Bath Vice-Chancellor from the University of Bath Executive, to serve for two years each alternately. Three members appointed by each of Bath Spa University and the University of Bath. One representative from each of the University of Bristol and the University of the West of England.
- The terms of office of members will normally be three years, and members may be re-appointed for a further two terms.
- Co-option: Co-opted members may be appointed and serve for up to two terms.
- Alternates: Representative members may have alternates, that is an individual named by the appointing body as a person who may attend in the member's place from time to time.
- Quorum: The quorum for a meeting is one-third of the membership subject to at least two universities being represented.
- Rules for Voting: Voting will normally be by a show of hands. Officers in attendance and observers do not have the right to vote.
- Minutes: Submitted to the Holburne Trustees.