Equality and Diversity Network
The Equality and Diversity Network has a broad and representative membership and provides a forum for consultation on Equality and diversity issues. It is a sub-committee of the Equality and Diversity Committee.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Equality and Diversity Network, please contact Caroline Harris, ext 4141.
Terms of office expire on 31st July in the year stated.
The Department Equality Co-ordinator from each academic Department/School:
|Danielle Wain||Architecture and Civil Engineering|
|Adele Murrell||Biology and Biochemistry|
|Salvador Eslava||Chemical Engineering|
|Peter Johnson||Computer Science|
|Kang Ma||Electronic and Electrical Engineering|
|to be confirmed||Health|
|Dan Simpson||Mathematical Sciences|
|Linda Newnes||Mechanical Engineering|
|Charareh Pourzand||Pharmacy and Pharmacology|
|Yukteshwar Kumar||Politics, Languages and International Studies|
|Justin Rogers||Social and Policy Sciences|
The Department Equality Co-ordinator from each administrative/service Department:
|Rachel Sheer||Academic Registry|
|Katie Sivil||Campus Retail and Commercial Operations|
|Melanie Wortham||Careers Service|
|Neil Bannister||Centre for Learning and Teaching|
|Sean Chawla-Duggan||Computing Services|
|Karen Sheppard||Development and Alumni Relations|
|Mary Clarkson||Human Resources|
|Zoe Whittle & Francesca Ajello||International Relations Office|
|Sophie Miles||Marketing and Communications|
|Nicky Kemp||Policy and Planning Office|
|Alice Hovanessian/Laura Simpson||Research and Innovation Services|
|Samuel Holmes||Sports Development and Recreation|
|Florin Bisset||Student Recruitment and Admissions|
|Barbara Furnival||Student Services|
|Rebecca Fox||The Edge Arts|
|Suzanne Maxwell||Vice-Chancellor's Office|
One representative appointed from the non-academic staff of each Faculty:
|Sarah Stead||Faculty of Engineering and Design|
|Andie Barlow||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Dawn Hallett||Faculty of Science|
One representative appointed from the campus trades unions:
One representative appointed by and from each of the Students' Union's student support groups:
|Isla Jardine||Bath Exchange and Eramus Group (BEN)||2017|
|Julie Marange||Gender Equality Group||2017|
|Daniel Murillo Antuna||International Students Association||2017|
|Alfie Watt||LGBT+ Society||2017|
|Helen Mutter||Student Parents and Mature Students Group||2017|
|Efthymia Kelesidou||Postgraduate Association||2017|
|Emmanuel Adama||Race Equality Group||2017|
|Ruby Earl||Student Minds||2017|
One representative from each of the University's recognised Equality groups (including self-organised):
|to be confirmed||LGBT Staff Group||2017|
|Linda Newnes||Disabled Staff Support Group||2017|
|to be confirmed||Race Equality Staff Group||2017|
Three representatives nominated by the Students' Union:
|Liz Stoneman||Students' Union representative||2017|
|Katherine Moyniham||Students' Union representative||2017|
|to be confirmed||Students' Union representative||2017|
Student representatives (elected by cross campus ballot)
|Hannah Durkin||Disabled students representative||
|to be confirmed||Gender Equality student representative||
|Aya Elghajiji||International students representative||
|to be confirmed||Race Equality student representative||
|Marlene Bertrand||Equality and Diversity Manager|
|Nicky Kemp||Director of Policy and Planning|
- Members unable to attend meetings are permitted to nominate a representative to attend in their place.
- The Network may co-opt or invite other members of the University staff or student body or invite representatives of external organisations to attend meetings as necessary.
- Charareh Pourzand is the representative of the Network on the Equality and Diversity Committee (alternate Deborah Lewis), to 31st July 2019.
Terms of Reference
Approved by Executive Committee 7th July 2005, revised by Council 29th June 2006 wef 1st August 2006.
- Discussing operational issues relating to Equality and diversity within the University and making appropriate recommendations to the Equality and Diversity Committee.
- Disseminating good practice and information about University policies and procedures relating to Equality and diversity.
- Bringing matters of concern to the attention of the Equality and Diversity Committee.
- Providing an annual report to the Equality and Diversity Committee.
Appointment of Chair: A staff member appointed by the Vice-Chancellor
Co-option: None specified.
Alternates: None specified.
Quorum: None specified.
Rules for voting: None specified.
Minutes: Submitted to Equality and Diversity Committee.
- Equality training package
- Equality and Diversity Structure
- Department/School/Faculty Equality Co-ordinator
- Equality and Diversity at the University
- Policies and Practices
- Equal Opportunities for Students
- Contact all members of the Equality & Diversity Network email@example.com