Learning Support Invigilation Information
- All Learning Support Invigilators are required to record their hours on a Casual Workers Timesheet to ensure that they are paid correctly. Timesheets are available from the Exams Office or can be downloaded from http://www.bath.ac.uk/finance/forms/casual-workers-timesheet.pdf
- It is the responsibility of the Invigilator to ensure that timesheets are filled in accurately and kept up to date; the Examinations Office only maintains a record of estimated start and finish times for individual Invigilators, so may not be able to assist those who are struggling to recall hours worked at a later date.
- All timesheets should be submitted to the Examinations Office by the last Friday of the exam period (Friday June 4th) to ensure that they can be included in the University’s next pay cycle (on or around 25th June). Any timesheets received after this will be processed in the following month’s pay cycle; Payroll do not make ad-hoc payments in between.
- Invigilators must arrive at the Exams Office 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of exams (ie 9:00 for a 9:30 start, 12:30 for 13:00, 16:00 for 16:30). This should be the start time entered onto the Timesheet.
- Finish times are always rounded up to the nearest 15 minutes in favour of the Invigilator; for example a finish time of 15:05 would be rounded up to 15:15, a finish time of 11:55 would be rounded up to 12:00 . The number of hours worked should then be converted into a decimal (15mins = 0.25, 30 mins = 0.5, 45 mins = 0.75) and recorded in the ‘Hours worked’ column on the Timesheet.
- Invigilators are always paid for a minimum of 2 hours. Therefore, if a student fails to turn up to sit an exam or the exam finishes especially early then a finish time of 2 hours after the start time should be recorded on the Timesheet.
- Any pay queries should be directed to Jenny While. email@example.com