Job hunting by UK region
Our Finding a graduate job guide (campus only) provides advice about finding work in UK regions including some particular information about the local area around Bath.
MyFuture has an Advanced Search facility for vacancies which you can use to identify jobs by location. There is a region menu and you can adjust the search defaults to look for both current and expired vacancies. The generated list will give some of the employers for whom we have advertised opportunities. Not all employers will recruit through MyFuture but it is a starting point for identifying larger graduate recruitment opportunities by region.
Duport business confidence reports detail business performance and trends in any area of the United Kingdom.
In MyFuture's advanced search facility for vacancies the region menu includes more detailed South West options for Bath, Bristol, Somerset, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. This is a useful starting point but not comprehensive due to the fact employers may not choose to use us or may not know about us. You should adjust the search defaults to look for both current and expired vacancies if you also want to view potential employers which are not currently advertising a job with us.
South West employers which have advertised vacancies with us between August 2013 and August 2015:
- Bath Chronicle published on Thursday advertises jobs in Bath and the immediate local area.
- Duport business confidence report on Bath details business performance and trends in the city.
- Wednesday’s Bristol Evening Post advertises jobs in the Bristol and Bath areas.
- Universal Jobmatch - government agency supporting people into work.
- Some local jobs websites:
- Check also the individual websites for vacancies at local universities:
- University of Bath
- Bath Spa University
- University of Bristol
- University of the West of England (UWE)
- All university vacancies www.jobs.ac.uk
- NHS Jobs for all hospital and health service vacancies
- Recruitment agencies/intermediaries
- Business West member directory
Browse A-Z by company name or search by business type. Business West covers the region comprising Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
- Local authorities in and near Bath: these advertise their internal jobs on their websites.
- Gradsouthwest.com has a vacancy service that advertises on behalf of employers in the region. Register to access regional vacancies additional to those in MyFuture.
- Graduate Business Partnership - a project-based placement run by the University of Exeter. It is open to all graduates who have their home in Devon.
- Unlocking Cornish Potential (UCP)
Arranges paid graduate placements in Cornish businesses, as well as graduate business start-up suppport.
- West of England Local Enterprise Partnership
For further ideas consult our Finding a graduate job guide (campus only). The list below highlights some particular resources for graduates moving back to other regions:
- GradsEast - provides graduates and students with job and placement vacancies in the East of England which comprises Bedfordshire, Cambridge, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk .
- Cambridge Network Recruit Gateway is source of jobs in and around the Cambridge UK high-tech cluster.
Given the large number of employers based in London most of the general resources listed for graduate job hunting will be useful however Job Online which is the University of London's vacancy database is worth monitoring.
North East England
- Live and Work North East England - gives a useful introduction to the key sectors in this area.
North West England
South and South East
- Grads Kent is run by Kent County Council and provides temporary and permanent work for graduates in Kent.
- University of Sussex Careers Service vacancy information is open to all and often includes local jobs.
- Graduate Jobs South covers Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Sussex and Surrey and lists jobs in these areas.
- Graduate Advantage provides graduate internships in the West Midlands.
Yorkshire and Humberside
- Graduates Yorkshire works in partnership with the region's University Careers Services providing a graduate recruitment service dedicated to Yorkshire.
- Go Wales - Work placements for students and graduates in businesses in Wales. You must be living or studying in Wales. Provided through a partnership of higher education institutions in Wales.
- AGCAS Scotland - Graduate careers website for Scotland. Useful resource for Scottish students returning home or any student interested in employment in Scotland.