Get work experience
On this page:
- Finding Work Experience guide
- Vacancy listings in MyFuture
- Finding work experience in the south west
On other pages:
- Information resources on work experience
- Recruitment events & Skills development programme (campus only)
- Summer Internships Fair (campus only)
- Directory of charities, volunteering & gap year opportunities
- Taking a gap year
- Work experience feedback
- Are you a first year?
- Finding you own placement
See also central Information for placement students
- About conventions de stage
- Skills for Study area including Personal Development Planning (PDP)
- See also the Students' Union's Joblink and Volunteer Centre pages
- See also the Bath Award.
This is our guide that provides information and advice about vacation work and work experience, including:
- vacation work
- boosting your employability
- planning early for graduate jobs.
Please view it online (campus only) or come in to collect a copy.
Hard-copy information about finding work experience and gap year opportunities can be found in the maroon Work Experience Plus and purple Gap Year files in the Careers Service's information room.
View work experience vacancy listings on MyFuture.
Opportunities are published all year round and include:
- internships, vacation and other work experience (including gap years)
- sandwich placements
- undergrad sponsorship
- employer open days and courses
- employer competitions.
There are paid and voluntary types of work experience opportunities. You can use the 'Search Opportunities' box on your MyFuture homepage to specify what kind of opportunities you want to see.
Your search can be narrowed down by using the free-text field, selecting the type of opportunity you are looking for from the drop-down list and specifying the location of the opportunity.
Use 'More Search Options' to further filter your search by employer industry, career option, contract type and contract hours. Your search results will be listed in order of date added to the system.
See the page on job hunting by UK region for further information and a list of potential regional employers.