More help from the University

The Careers Service is the main provider of help with your career plans, but here are some other support services that provide other relevant help and support:

Immigration and visa advice

Staff at the Careers Service are not trained to give immigration advice.  To discuss any visa/immigration issues, contact the Student Immigration Advisers in the Student Services Centre, located in 4 West, open Mon-Fri 9.30am-4.30pm.  Alternatively, log a query online. Also see their webpage on working in the UK during and after your studies.

English language support

The Careers Service can help you with your CVs and applications, but can’t proofread and correct your documents. 

You may be able to access help from the Academic Skills Centre (ASC).  One-to-one tutorials are available free of charge from the ASC for current students.  These can be used for checking documents such as your CV or covering letter.  See the ASC website for further details.

Part time work and volunteering

Students Union – Joblink

Looking for a part time job? Joblink can help you to find vacancies within the university and the local area.

Students Union – the Volunteer Centre

Volunteering is an excellent way to make friends, develop skills and experience as well as supporting good causes. The Volunteer Centre can support you in deciding what to do and finding volunteer opportunities.