Status: 2nd year MSc Engineering Student
Accommodation: Private sector
Family: Eldest son
- Father has recently died
- Went home for the funeral
- Feels guilty that he is not at home supporting his mother and other family members
- Is missing his father and feels sad that he is not able to discuss this with close family
Ahmed comes from a close Muslim family in Malaysia. Ahmed's spouse and children are
here with him in Bath.
Ahmed's father has recently died and, whilst he attended the funeral, he feels guilty that he is not at home sorting out his father's affairs. This is traditionally his role as eldest son.
Since returning to Bath Ahmed has felt low and anxious as the academic pressures have increased. Also he has not been able to express his sadness in traditional ways, regarding his father's death.
- Talk with International Student Advice about the range of services available within the Muslim community
- Contact Student Health & Well-Being to talk confidentially about his situation with a Counsellor
- Contact his GP if he feels he needs to discuss feeling low and anxious
- Contact the International Student Advice
- Contact the Student Health & Well-Being
- Contact the University Medical Centre