Status: 1st Year Postgraduate Computer Science student
Accommodation: Halls of Residence
Family: Only child
- Postgraduate student with a disability (Aspergers Syndrome)
- Long term history of clinical depression
- Feeling isolated socially
- Feels that she doesn’t understand what is expected of her on her course
- Is concerned about who she will live with next year when she plans to move out of halls
Sarah is quiet and finds it difficult to interact with other students on her course. She has previously experienced bullying due to her disability and difficulties with understanding social situations and cues.
She has a few people she is close to outside of the University in her home town and misses contact with them.
She worries that she is not doing well on her course and finds it hard to understand how she should work with her tutor and when she should ask questions.
She is finding that her depression is getting worse with these additional stresses and is now worried about where she will live next year as other students have formed groups and are arranging houses together.
- Seek advice and support for difficulties she is experiencing relating to a disability from Student Disability Advice
- Student Disability Advice will be able to discuss options for support and will refer her to other relevant support service where necessary
- Contact Student Health & Well-Being for further support with her feelings of depression