This checklist will help you identify those things you must complete before you arrive and during Induction Week to ensure you are ready to make the most of your student experience. There will also be various social events to help you meet University staff and other students. While these are important, you should try to fit them around completing the tasks listed below.
- use Application Tracker to follow the progress of your application.
- apply for your visa if you need immigration permission to study in the UK. Check your visa responsibilities.
- confirm your accommodation and arrangements for paying rent
- ensure your funding is organised
- if you are an international student you should assess your English language skills.
- check your immunisation status and update any vaccinations, if you are an international student then you should find out what medical checks are required before travelling.
Before you arrive
- Sign up for the LINC (Life In New Culture) mentoring programme - for international students
- register online, including arrangements for paying tuition fees - students who need a visa should wait to pay their tuition fees on arrival
- plan your trip here - international students can book a place on our airport collection bus.
- international students should join the International Applicants Facebook page and follow @prepareforbath on Twitter
- check out the Students' Union
- arrange for any disability related support
- review your possessions insurance cover and arrange travel insurance if you are travelling from overseas
- Register for your free Sports Pass and buy your gym and class memberships online.
When you arrive
- complete your registration and enrolment
- collect your library card
- attend your residential induction if you are in University accommodation
- undergraduates should attend the welcome talks and UniSmart 'Survival Guide to University'
- buy and/or collect your Freshers' Week 2012 wristband
- attend your academic department induction and attend the central induction talks
- meet your personal tutor
- follow our instructions for getting online
- register with the Medical Centre
- international students should attend the Meeting Point in 4 West Student Services. As well as other international orientation events
- open a bank account, international students should also make sure they have a UK bank account
- international students should register with the police if this is stated in their passport