Welcome to MASH
MASH is the institutional mathematics resources centre which can offer help with maths and stats problems for all students at the University of Bath.
MASH have moved! We are now located in the Skills Zone in 6 East 2.8
- Statistics Advisory Service - One to one sessions for help with statistics problems with project work (e.g. final year/research projects)
- A variety of online resources
- Drop-in help for individuals with any mathematics or statistics problem in the base room 6E2.8
- Drop-in help manned by MASH Peer Tutors for mathematics first year students.
- Drop-in help for programming and mathematical typesetting (LaTeX/Word/MathML)
- MASH talks
See below for more information. We also offer tailored support for some small groups, staff who are interested in our other activities should have a look at our staff page.
General dropins for all students
All drop-ins start in week 1 and are in the Skills Zone, 6 East 2.8 unless otherwise stated.
|Day||General drop-in||Programming and LaTeX drop-in|
Maths Yr 1 Peer tutor Workshop Timetable
Statistics Advisory Service
Need help with statistical problems in your project work (e.g. final year/research projects)?
- experimental design,
- guidance on the correct statistical test,
- interpretation of results
- and help with statistical packages
Appointments may be made by any member of the university, individual or group. You will need to give information about your project when you book an appointment.
Software, programming and mathematical/statistical documents
We offer support for software and programming including Excel, SPSS, R and statistical programming; MATLAB, general programming and mathematical typesetting (LaTeX, Word, MathML).
- Excel, SPSS, R and statistical programming: come to a general dropin in the first instance - you may be directed to a specific dropin or asked to make a SAS appointment
- MATLAB, programming and mathematical typesetting (LaTeX, Word, MathML):
- Programming dropins
- Some general dropins
- MATLAB dropin for first year maths students
Follow the links on the left hand menu to find:
- MASH on Moodle (for workbooks, quizzes and links to websites, software and search engines for maths)
- the Bath formula book
- and information on learning mathematics.
Please do contact us with ideas for the centre - we welcome constructive input from everyone!