Welcome to MASH
MASH is the institutional mathematics resources centre which can offer help with maths and stats problems for all students at the University of Bath.
- Drop-in help for individuals with any mathematics or statistics problem in the base room 1W3.107
- Drop-in help manned by MASH Peer Tutors for mathematics first year students.
- Statistics Advisory Service - One to one sessions for help with statistics problems with project work (e.g. final year/research projects)
- A variety of online resources
- Maths Study Skills Workshops
- MASH talks
See below for more information. We also offer tailored support for some small groups, staff who are interested in our other activities should have a look at our staff page.
How to find us!
MASH is in room 1W3.107. This room in the side of 1W building. To reach the room from the front of the library walk between the library and 1W. Enter the 1W via a door on your left and MASH is one floor up on level 3, room 107.
Drop-in Timetable (Revision/Exams)
All drop-ins are in the MASH room (1W3.107) unless otherwise stated. Peer and MATLAB support for Y1 Maths will continue after exams. During exams and revision first year maths students are welcome in general dropins.
for all students
|MATLAB in 3E3.1
|Twilight drop-in||Study space|
Statistics Advisory Service
Need help with statistical problems in your project work (e.g. final year/research projects)?
- experimental design,
- guidance on the correct statistical test,
- interpretation of results
- and help with statistical packages
Appointments may be made by any member of the university, individual or group. You will need to give information about your project when you book an appointment.
Software, programming and mathematical/statistical documents
We offer support for software including:
- Excel, SPSS, R,
- MATLAB, Maple,
- LaTeX, equations in Word or MathML
- and mathematical/statistical programming in common languages.
Support available varies depending on the dropin tutor. Other tutors may be available on an on call basis but depending on your query you may need to wait, may be asked to come back to a specific dropin or be asked to make a SAS appointment.
Follow the links on the left hand menu to find:
- MASH on Moodle (for workbooks, quizzes and links to websites, software and search engines for maths)
- the Bath formula book
- and information on learning mathematics.
Please do contact us with ideas for the centre - we welcome constructive input from everyone!