MSc in Human Resource Management and Consulting
Qualifications and duration
Full-time, MSc 1 year
The Bath MSc in Human Resource Management and Consulting delivers cutting-edge knowledge of contemporary human resource management issues whilst developing your competencies in consulting. It will also prepare you for a career in consulting.
It will introduce you to the broad field of business and management whilst helping you to gain a full understanding of the concepts underlying human resource management and consulting.
It will enhance your employability by giving you general business management knowledge, specialist human resource management knowledge and consulting skills which can be applied in a range of organisational settings.
The programme will:
- Provide you with a deep intellectual appreciation of the theoretical foundations of management with an applied emphasis on the management of people
- Give you a detailed understanding of consulting as a process and a profession located within the wider professional services firm context
- Provide you with a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of significant contemporary issues in business and management research with a particular emphasis on issues relating to Human Resource Management and Consulting
- Enable you to integrate theory with practical application via the use of detailed organisational challenges that you will develop solutions for
- Develop your key business skills including teamwork, project management and presentation skills
- Leverage the expertise of nationally and internationally recognised faculty who have successfully published in the world’s top management journals
- Prepare you for a wide variety of business/management roles
Please see the School of Management website for details on scholarships.
- Candidates for this postgraduate management programme should have a good undergraduate degree in business/ management (2:1 or above or its international equivalent). Other degrees with significant business/ management components or in a social science subject may also be considered.
- The MSc in Human Resource Management and Consulting programme is open to graduates who currently have little or no business experience.
- English language skills are also crucial. A threshold level of 7.0 in the IELTS exam (with no less than 6.5 in each section).
If English is not your first language but you have completed the whole of your undergraduate studies in the UK, you are exempt from IELTS requirements.
Please note a £60 application fee is required for this programme and this should be submitted with your application.
Please contact the MSc Admissions office if you have any queries.
*Please note these requirements are in line with the Home Office guidelines and may be subject to change at any time. Please continue to check the website. IELTS results must have been achieved within the last two years.
One academic reference is required. If you graduated a long time ago and think you will have difficulties providing a reference, please contact the department.
See the Tuition Fees Schedule.
Research at the School of Management
We are a leading international centre for management research. This is reflected in our rating in the REF2014 which places us 8th in the UK. We have been consistently ranked in the top ten in Europe for research in the Financial Times MBA rankings.
The School of Management provides a strongly supportive, vibrant research culture, developed through the provision of internal resources, research grants and awards. We are committed to growth in order to embrace new areas of management research and to reinforce existing strengths.
Our research culture
Our research is structured around four issue-based research Divisions, which span functional disciplines. These groupings contain cross-functional Research Centres, which focus and formalise our major research initiatives. Teaching is organised within functional or disciplinary divisions.
Our four research Divisions are:
Our research programmes are:
A highly ranked business school
We have established ourselves as one of Europe’s leading business schools and 2016 marks the 50th Anniversary of the University of Bath, celebrating our past achievements and looking forward.
The School of Management is one of the UK's leading business schools. Currently ranked 1st for Student Experience (Times Higher Education 2015) and 1st for Business & Management (The Complete University Guide 2016), we are a leading centre for management research - placed 8th in the UK in the latest REF2014 for business and management studies, confirming the world-class standing of our faculty.
The Bath Advantage
Our combination of world-class research combined with a unique emphasis on real-world learning makes Bath an outstanding place to study. We are an elite institution, but also friendly and caring. We take pride in our heritage as one of the UK’s oldest business schools set in a beautiful historic city and we value the quality of life enjoyed by students and staff in a small, safe but vibrant university.
You will be taught by people who are discovering the new ideas that have not yet reached the textbooks, and then you can test these theories out in organisations around the world.
All our programmes provide far more than a valuable business qualification. They give you a recognised and proven head start in an increasingly competitive job market.
Graduates in Demand
Our graduates have an excellent track record of getting jobs. Recent statistics show that 92% of our graduates are in emplyment six months after graduating.
Our emphasis on education for the real world ensures that our graduates are consistently targeted by leading companies. Some of the many organisations which employ our graduates in the UK and overseas include:
Abercrombie and Fitch, Accenture, Analysis Mason, BAE Systems, Bank of China, Bloomberg, BMW Germany, BP, Caterpillar, China Merchant’s Bank, Citibank, Colgate Palmolive, Commercial Bank of China, Danone, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Ernst and Young, European Investment Bank, Facebook, FlieshmanHillard, Ford Motor Car, Gazprom Marketing & Trading, Google, Grant Thornton, Henkel, Hewlett Packard, HJ Heinz, Honda Automobile, HSBC, HSBC China, IBM, ICBC China, Jinfan Investment Co Ltd, KPMG, L’Oréal, Mars (China), National Chamber of Entrepreneurs, Nielsen Company Ltd, Oscar GmbH, Paypal, PineBridge Investments Middle East, PTS, Consulting, PwC, RBS, Renishaw Plc, Research global markets.com, RWE, npower, Satellite Applications Catapult, Shanghai Yongxin Financial Information Service, St James Place Wealth Management, Telefónica UK, Tieto, UBS, UNICEF, Unilever, Volkswagen Group China, World Health Organisation, Zurich Insurance.