Welcome to the sigma Southwest Regional Hub
sigma-sw was the first regional hub to be supported through sigma (http://www.sigma-cetl.ac.uk), the CETL for mathematics and statistics support based in the Universities of Coventry and Loughborough. It was established in 2008 and following the successful pilot, in 2010 a national network of 6 regional hubs was established. Further details can be found at http://sigma-network.ac.uk/hubs. Regional hubs provide more local access to sigma events and workshops. They allow local interests and concerns to be supported whilst promoting issues at a national level.
Limited funding is typically available to support
- Travel and subsistence costs for members of sigma-sw to attend meetings.
- Cost of hosting an event.
If you are interested in hosting an event, please contact Dr. Jane White (email@example.com) for initial discussions.
- ‘HESTEM Accessible learning resources in mathematics’ 7th January 2013, University of Bath.
- ‘MSOR Mathematics Group Work and Asperger Syndrome’ 13th March 2012, University of Bath.
- ‘Statistics support’ Autumn 2011, University of Plymouth.
- ‘sigma-sw and the HESTEM programme,’ January 18 2011, University of Bath.
- ‘MSOR Accessibility workshop’, February 21 2011, University of Bath.
- ‘Undergraduate projects,’ April 6 2011, University of West of England.
- ‘Student internships,’ June 22 2011, University of Bath.
- ‘Student engagement in mathematics support centres’ 17th January, University of Bath.