What are residences like?
- Accommodation is in self-catered flats with student bedrooms arranged around a communal kitchen
- Single and mixed gender kitchen groups are available
- On campus residences are all within a 5 - 10 minute walk from academic facilities
- City campus residences are on a direct bus route to campus and near local shops
- Resident tutors live in each complex and are available for advice and guidance
What can I expect?
We provide the following for all rooms: bed, mattress, desk, chair, wardrobe/hanging space, drawers, waste paper bin, mirror, pinboard.
- Eastwood, Brendon Court, Norwood, Osbourne House and Westwood - Duvet and pillow supplied, students need to bring their own bed linen or purchase a bed pack on arrival (£10.50 for a single or £14.50 for a double).
- Woodland Court, Marlborough Court/Solsbury Court and Polden Court - Bed linen is provided on loan including duvet, pillow, duvet cover, sheet and pillow case.
Please note there is no cleaning service in Eastwood as provided in the other areas.
We provide the following for all rooms off campus: bed, mattress, duvet, pillow, desk, chair, wardrobe/hanging space, drawers, waste paper bin, mirror and pinboard.
A duvet and pillow are supplied. You will need to bring your own bed linen or you can purchase a bed linen pack on arrival (£10.40 for a single or £14.50 for a double)
The Freewire Telephone service lets you make free calls to any of your fellow residents within our halls of residence or to anyone on the Freewire Network. If your bedroom does not have a Freewire handset, you can still access the Freewire service by downloading the free and easy to use software.
Using your computer and Freewire’s latest TV software, you can enjoy over 30 TV and radio channels free on your computer in your room.
All rooms have a high speed wifi and ethernet connection and are also connected to the campus network.
Core possessions insurance
We have arranged a core possessions insurance policy to cover your possessions whilst you are living in University-managed accommodation on a full-time contract. Your possessions are not covered whilst in transit or when transferring between rooms.
We cannot accept responsibility for loss, theft or damage to residents' or other individuals' property.
Self catering kitchens
In each kitchen you will find one or two fridge/ freezers according to the size of the kitchen group; electric kettle; cooker; microwave, iron and ironing board.
You can find full details about what to expect in our Campus Life handbook (page 22).