Self-guided campus tour
You can explore the campus using our self-guided tour.
The tour will give you the opportunity to explore the University campus at your own pace. It takes you through the heart of the campus as well as past a variety of student accommodation and academic departments. If you need any help with directions along the way please ask one of our Student Ambassadors (wearing red t-shirts) who will be happy to help.
- Start your tour at the main University bus stop (marked on map)
- Walk up the steps to the Parade (signposted from the bus stop). On your right you will see our Student Centre building, home to the Students’ Union including The Plug bar, The Tub night club and the SU offices.
- Walk along the Parade to the Library. You can take a look inside at the facilities or join one of the hourly tours which meet in the Library foyer starting from 10:30.
- Cross the Parade and go down the steps opposite the Library to see the Lake – this is a great spot to relax and eat your lunch if the weather is good! You can also access the Fountain Canteen from here.
- Go back up the steps and turn left, walk past the Fountain Canteen and the Parade Bar. Continuing down the Parade you will come to 4 West, which houses our Student Services Centre where you can obtain advice on finances and disability issues as well as advice for International students. You can also access the 4W atrium from here – pop in to view a display of planned campus developments. Next door is the 4W Café.
- At the far end of the Parade you will find the Fresh shop. Go past the Fresh shop, turn right and then go through the door on the left by the Fresh shop exit. Turn right towards the accommodation.
- Turn left and walk down to Polden Court. Take a look around and then head back to the road, walking past the West Accommodation Centre and the Westwood accommodation block on your left.
- Explore the Derhill block on your left.
- After viewing the facilities, continue along the road for five minutes, passing the Estates Office on your right. Visit Marlborough Court on your right.
- You should then come to the Eastwood accommodation block on your left. Take a look around or continue along the road which bends round to the right. Woodland Court is on your left. In the reception you can also see an example of the new accommodation opening in summer 2014.
- Head back towards the main bus stop and continue on to have a look around the Information Fair which can be accessed from the footpath leading to the East Building. You can also have a look around the fantastic facilities in our Sports Training Village which can be accessed through the large double doors at the back of the Information Fair. Alternatively you can join one of the guided tours of the Sports Facilities. These depart from the Team Bath stand at the Information Fair every half an hour from 10:00-15:30.
- The tour finishes here. If you have any more questions just ask a Student Ambassador or member of staff.