Accounting and Finance
You will need to demonstrate:
- an active interest in understanding people, work and organisations, with evidence of subjects/issues that have particularly interested you through work, projects or other experience
- an interest and/or aptitude for quantitative analysis of business issues.
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language at grade B or above
- Preference will be shown to applicants with a high proportion of A or A* grades
Typical Offer: AAA
In exceptional circumstances we may make a slightly lower offer.
- grade A in A2 Mathematics
- General Studies and Critical Thinking are excluded
- languages which are intended for non-native speakers are not normally acceptable when taken by native speakers of that language.
When considering A Levels, we pay particular attention to your chosen subjects, where we strongly prefer traditional academic subjects. In order to apply, you must have chosen at least three A-level subjects. You must have an A in Mathematics and we prefer students who have chosen their other two A Levels from the list below:
- Ancient History
- Any Language*
- Business Studies
- Classical Civilisation
- Economics and Business Studies
- English Literature
- Further Mathematics
- Government & Politics
- Greek (Classical)
- History of Art
- Pure Mathematics
- Religious Studies
- World Development
* Unless the syllabus is designed for native speakers of the language. It has to fulfil the following conditions to be eligible:
- it must not be your first language
- it must not be a language commonly spoken by your immediate family or community
- it must not be a language widely spoken in the country of present or former residence.
Less effective preparation subjects include:
- Applied Business
- Art & Design
- Design and Technology
- Film Studies
- Media Studies
- Physical Education
This list is not exhaustive and is only included for guidance.
We welcome applications from students studying an Access to HE Diploma. As the Accounting and Finance programme has a strong mathematical component, you will need to be studying mathematical units worth at least 12 credits. For other suitable units, please see the desirable list of A Level subjects in the section above.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a high academic standard and may be invited to attend an interview.
Pass the Access to HE Diploma, with at least 36 credits achieved at Distinction and 3 credits achieved at Merit or Distinction. This must include at least 12 credits achieved at Distinction from mathematical units.
Typical Offer: Overall profile of DD in a Business, Engineering or Science BTEC Level 3 Diploma or DDD in the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, both in combination with GCE A-Level Mathematics at grade A.
GCSE or equivalent: minimum Grade B in English Language and Mathematics.
Typical Offer: D3, D3, D3
- Must include a minimum of D3 in mathematics.
Please refer to the A Level section for a list of other preferred subjects.
Typical Offer: 82% overall, with at least 8.5 in Higher Level (5 period) Mathematics
At least 85% overall in the Indian ISC/HSSC (12th Standard) including 85% in both English and Mathematics.
Typical Offer: 38 points overall, to include 6 in Higher Level Mathematics.
We accept a wide range of non-UK qualifications as entry either to our Foundation Year or directly on to the first year of our undergraduate programmes. For further information please contact the Admissions Office.
English Language Qualifications - The minimum requirement for Accounting and Finance is IELTS 7.0 with no subject less than 7.0. Applicants should submit their results by 31st July. For a list of other English language qualifications we accept please go to the English Language Entry Requirements web page.
Typical Offer: AAAABB at Higher level to include an A grade in Mathematics. Please see A level entry requirements section for a list of other preferred subjects.
Typical Offer: AAAAB in Scottish Highers, plus AA in Advanced Highers to include Mathematics.
Please see A level entry requirements section for a list of other preferred subjects.
We welcome applicants offering the Welsh Baccalaureate Core alongside A levels; we are aware of the range of skills and qualities which it develops and of the additional work which it demands. In some circumstances we may make an alternative offer of either AAA or AAB plus the Welsh Baccalaureate Core. Grade A in A level Mathematics is essential. Please see A level entry requirements section for a list of other preferred subjects.