Subject in detail
The School of Management's highly successful BSc in Business Administration, known among students and staff as the BBA, has been designed to prepare you for a variety of business-related roles and has a number of distinctive elements:
- four-year programme with placement
- broadly-based foundation in basic management (year one)
- opportunity to specialise or generalise as you wish (year two onwards)
- includes two six-month periods of professional work experience, known as placements. Undertake a real job in one of the 150+ companies we have links with
- acquire personal, transferable skills during action learning activities
- take part in a Final Year Team Project where practical research is undertaken on behalf of a real organisation
- opportunity to spend the first semester of year four studying in a prestigious partner business school elsewhere in Europe, the USA, Canada or Asia.
Teaching and learning
You'll be exposed to a variety of teaching methods including lectures, seminars, project work, presentations and practical workshops.
You may be asked to analyse case studies or video-based material, take part in a role-play, or visit companies and other organisations throughout the programme.
Each student is allocated a personal tutor where one-to-one academic support is given to help you with your learning throughout the duration of your course.
The University's online learning support system, Moodle, is available to all students.
Methods of assessment
Units are assessed individually with methods of assessment varying according to the nature of the subject being taught. Methods of assessment are likely to include unseen examinations, practical reports, essays, oral & poster presentations, data interpretation, problem solving, placement report and project report.