Physicists study matter, energy and the interactions between them. The universal principles of physics underlie all natural phenomena.
- The Department is internationally renowned for its research
- You will be taught by award-winning lecturers who enjoy engaging with our highly motivated and well-qualified students
- We are consistently one of the top UK physics departments for graduate employment
- The quality of the department’s teaching is consistently rated as outstanding in the National Student Survey
- Our research ranked joint 13th for Physics in the UK (REF 2014)
- We are one of the few physics departments selected by BP for their scholarship programme to recognise our highly talented undergraduates