We offer a wide range of recreational opportunities for students to enjoy sport and exercise whatever their level or ability. You can access our facilities with a Sports Pass, which is free to 2016 freshers. Once you have your Sports Pass you can swim in our pool, play racket sports (tennis, squash & badminton), use the athletics track, the astro pitches and the indoor sports halls at no additional cost.
There are also dedicated facility times for students, a student recreational sport programme, and personal development opportunities through Team Bath’s Training & Development courses.
Our sports facilities are open for student, community and elite sporting activities. You don't have to be a performance athlete or expert practitioner to use them. They include:
Sports Training Village (STV)
- a floodlit 8 lane athletics track
- a water-based hockey pitch
- an all weather pitch
- a 50m swimming pool
- an 8 court indoor tennis hall
- 8 acrylic and two clay outdoor tennis courts
- a fitness and conditioning suite,
- a multi-purpose hall (12 badminton courts)
- a 300 sq m judo dojo
- 8 fencing pistes
- a 16 station air pistol range
- an indoor athletics hall and 132m sprint straight
- a bobsleigh/skeleton push track
- many rugby and football pitches.
- A multi-purpose hall (8 badminton courts and 4 squash courts).
Sulis Sports Club
- 2 cricket squares and nets and several rugby pitches.
Sports Injury Clinic
- Physiotherapy and massage services for athletes and the public. As a student you receive a discounted rate to these services.
Human Performance Centre
- Fitness and physiological testing, strength and conditioning support, sports nutrition advice, sports psychology and video and performance analysis.
Students' Union Sports Association
There are opportunities for you to do sport and exercise through the Sports Association which is a Students' Union group. Their ethos is 'Sport for All' and they have over 4,000 members.
Students’ Union Sport offers a wide variety of sport from competitive representation on behalf of the University, interhalls and inter-departmental competition to social and recreational activities.
You can access volunteering and developmental opportunities, and can support or coach in any one of the 48 student-led sports clubs.
The sports clubs and several sports programmes available allow you to get sporting qualifications, borrow some equipment or get a team together.
You might have already heard of Team Bath which is the brand name for sport at the University of Bath. It allows us to promote its support of both student and non student sport and helps us build links between community, student and elite sporting activities.
Financial support for student athletes
If you are student athlete who shows the ability for academic success and has the potential to compete at elite level internationally and contribute to the University’s British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) points you could apply for one of a number of our available sports scholarships.