Whatever your career ambitions, we will give you the support you need to become a successful graduate with the skills and experience employers are looking for.
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide awarded us the highest score in the region for graduate prospects, with 85.2% going on to professional work or graduate study within six months of graduation.
Our destination surveys show that our graduates have outstanding success in finding relevant employment or further training.
The Graduate Market report named us one of the top 20 universities targeted by leading graduate employers in 2014-15.
Why our graduates are employable
- Many of our courses have a vocational focus.
- Strong links to industry.
- Nearly two thirds of our students undertake a work placement with leading organisations such as Airbus, Cancer Research UK, European parliament, IBM, L'Oréal and Microsoft.
- The opportunity to study abroad, developing language skills in demand from employers.
What our graduates do after six months
Every year we survey our graduates to find out what they are doing after six months.
- 86% of our employed first degree graduates move into top level jobs, compared to 66% of employed graduates nationally.
- 86% of our graduates went into employment or further study.
- More of our graduates are in jobs that involve training for a further qualification than is the case nationally.
We have a very good reputation for our graduates moving into highly desired career areas. LinkedIn has conducted a study and have ranked us:
- 4th for careers in accounting
- 8th for careers in finance
- 9th for careers in investment banking
- 3rd for careers in marketing.
Our Careers Service has links with employers, including organisations like Rolls Royce, The World Bank, L'Oréal and Nike. They can help you improve your prospects by providing support in a number of ways:
- information on employment and further study
- individual guidance and assistance with career choice
- workshops to develop your employability skills including CV writing, interviews, applications and aptitude testing
- job vacancies and a full programme of employer activities on campus.
The service also arranges employer recruitment visits to the University each year, including careers fairs in the autumn and summer.
The Bath Award
The Bath Award is a way of showcasing all you have achieved at University and sets you apart from other graduates. Extra-curricular activities, work experience, volunteering and additional learning is all being recognised and valued more by employers. Your work with clubs, societies, fundraising and other activities will give you an employment edge and the award will even appear on your degree transcript.
Learn another language
The Foreign Languages Centre offers courses to undergraduates of any discipline.
- courses are free of charge
- languages included currently include French, German, Greek, Russian, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
- levels range from beginners to advanced.