“ My studies at the University of Bath made all this possible. I use the knowledge and skills I learnt here every day in my work.”
Dr Andrew Warr graduated with a BSc Computer Science and PhD, and now works for Google.
The Times and Sunday Times Good Univerity Guide awarded the University the highest score in the region for graduate prospects, with 83.6% going on to professional work or graduate study within six months of graduation.
What makes our graduates so special?
- vocational bias of many of the courses
- strong industrial links
- integrated periods of industrial training
- high calibre of our students
Facts and figures
Every year our Careers Advisory Service collects data on our leavers to find out what work or study they are doing six months later.
- 81% of our employed first degree graduates move into the top three occupational categories: managers, professional occupations and associate professional and technical occupations
- 86% of our graduates went into employment or further study
- more of our graduates are in jobs that involve training for a further qualification than is the case nationally
- around 10% of UK-domiciled Bath graduates from 2009-10 went to work outside the UK
Careers Advisory Service
Our Careers Advisory Service has links with over 4,000 employers. They can help you improve your prospects by providing support in a number of ways:
- information on employment and further study
- individual guidance and assistance with career choice
- workshops to develop your employability skills
- job vacancies and a full programme of employer activities on campus