“My studies at the University of Bath made all this possible. I use the knowledge and skills I learnt here every day in my work.”
— Dr Andrew Warr, BSc and PhD Computer Science graduate, has worked for Google and Instagram
Whatever your career ambitions, we will give you the support you need to become a successful graduate with the skills and experience employers are looking for.
The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide awarded us the highest score in the region for graduate prospects, with 83.6% going on to professional work or graduate study within six months of graduation.
Our destination surveys show that our graduates have outstanding success in finding relevant employment or further training.
The Graduate Market report named us one of the top ten universities targeted by leading graduate employers in 2013-14.
Why our graduates are employable
- Many of our courses have a vocational focus.
- Strong links to industry.
- Over 60% of our students undertake a work placement with leading organisations such as Microsoft, GlaxoSmithKline, CERN and Airbus.
- The opportunity to study abroad, developing language skills in demand from employers.
What our graduates do after six months
Every year we survey our graduates to find out what they are doing after six months.
- 85% of our employed first degree graduates move into top level jobs, compared to 64% of employed graduates nationally.
- 86% of our graduates went into employment or further study.
- More of our graduates are in jobs that involve training for a further qualification than is the case nationally.
- Around 10% of UK-domiciled Bath graduates from 2009-10 went to work outside the UK.
Careers Advisory Service
Our Careers Advisory Service has links with over 8,000 employers, including organisations like Rolls Royce, The World Bank, L'Oréal and Nike. They can help you improve your prospects by providing support in a number of ways:
- information on employment and further study
- individual guidance and assistance with career choice
- workshops to develop your employability skills
- job vacancies and a full programme of employer activities on campus.