Whatever your career ambitions, we will give you the support you need to become a successful graduate with the skills and experience employers are looking for.
What our graduates do after six months
Every year we survey our graduates to find out what they are doing after six months. Our destination surveys show that our graduates have outstanding success in finding relevant employment or further training.
86% of our employed UK full-time first degree graduates are in the top three occupational groups, compared to 71% of employed graduates nationally.
Why our graduates are employable
- Many of our courses have a vocational focus.
- Strong links to industry.
- Nearly two thirds of our students undertake a work placement with leading organisations such as Airbus, GlaxoSmithKline, IBM, L'Oréal and The National Trust.
- The opportunity to study abroad, developing language skills in demand from employers.
Our Careers Service has links with employers, including organisations like Rolls Royce, the Civil Service, Amazon and Goldman Sachs. They can help you improve your prospects by providing support in a number of ways:
- information on employment and further study
- individual guidance and assistance with career choice
- workshops to develop your employability skills including CV writing, interviews, applications and aptitude testing
- job vacancies and a full programme of employer activities on campus.
The service also arranges employer recruitment visits to the University each year, including careers fairs in the autumn and spring.
The Bath Award
The Bath Award is a way of showcasing all you have achieved at University and enables you to enhance your employability. Extra-curricular activities, work experience, volunteering and additional learning is all being recognised and valued more by employers. Your work with clubs, societies, fundraising and other activities will develop your skills and the award will even appear on your degree transcript.