“ About 60% of students undertake a business placement and 85% of them gain graduate-level jobs, ranking Bath seventh in the UK.”
Sunday Times University Guide
“ My studies at the University of Bath made all this possible. I use the knowledge and skills I learnt here every day in my work.”
Dr Andrew Warr graduated with a BSc Computer Science and PhD, and now works for Google.
We are ranked in the top ten universities most targeted by key employers in The Times Good University Guide 2012.
Our destination surveys show that Bath graduates have outstanding success in finding relevant employment or further training.
What makes our graduates so special?
- vocational bias of many of the courses
- strong industrial links
- integrated periods of industrial training
- high calibre of our students
Facts and figures
Every year our Careers Advisory Service collects data on our leavers to find out what work or study they are doing six months later.
- 81% of our employed first degree graduates move into the top three occupational categories: managers, professional occupations and associate professional and technical occupations
- 86% of our graduates went into employment or further study
- more of our graduates are in jobs that involve training for a further qualification than is the case nationally
- around 10% of UK-domiciled Bath graduates from 2009-10 went to work outside the UK
Careers Advisory Service
Our Careers Advisory Service has links with over 4,000 employers. They can help you improve your prospects by providing support in a number of ways:
- information on employment and further study
- individual guidance and assistance with career choice
- workshops to develop your employability skills
- job vacancies and a full programme of employer activities on campus
Where could your subject take you?
Many graduate vacancies don't specify particular degree disciplines, so think beyond jobs that appear to be related to your degree. The table below shows what some of our recent graduates have done with their degrees.
|Programme of study||Job role||Employer|
|Biochemistry||Financial Analyst||British Bankers; Association|
|Chemical Engineering||Trainee Manager||Abercrombie & Fitch|
|Mathematics||Events Manager Trainee||Race Ahead|
|Mechanical Engineering||Self employed||Bath Soup Company|
|Mechanical Engineering||Financial Analyst||Swiss Re|
|Natural Scientist||Business Improvement Associate||BT|
|Physics||Marketing Research Analyst||AB World Foods|
|Politics with Economics/IR||Risk Analyst||ConocoPhillips|
|Psychology||Stakeholder Strategy Executive||Pfizer|
|Social and Policy Science||Intellectual Property Researcher||Innovate Product design|