We help academic staff build relationships with industry partners, apply for funding and manage projects in support of internal and external strategies.
Our responsibilities include:
- helping our researchers to identify ways to connect with industry
- facilitating new relationships with industry and inter-disciplinary research collaborators
- finding ways to fund research, through the government’s Industrial Strategy and/or private investment
- assessing funding applications for industry-linked research and help to build a winning bid
- supporting the development of scalable business interactions with research groups and individuals
- linking your commercialisation experts with our world-class SetSquared Business Incubator
Steven Boakes, Industrial Partnerships Manager supports business development for Architecture and Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Science. His expertise are KTPs, Innovate UK, and industry collaborations. Further information on Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs).
Dr Philip Brown, Research Commercialisation Manager supports business development for Biology and Biochemistry, Pharmacy and Pharmacology, and Health. His expertise are research commercialisation, industry collaboration, and KTPs.
Julie Chambers, Business Gateway and Consultancy Services Manager, supports you with providing expert advice to business and organisations, on a range of industrial or commercial problems. Her expertise is Consultancy Services.
Jason Edwards, Industrial Partnerships Manager, supports all faculties. His expertise are KTPs, Innovate UK, and industry collaboration.
Alice Hovanessian, Research Project and Finance Coordinator, coordinates our institutional funding. This includes our EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA).
Dr Ízaro López García, Industrial Partnerships Manager supports Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences, and Physics. His expertise is KTPs, the European Commission, and industry collaboration.
Juliet Mather, KTP Recruitment and Administration Officer, recruits KTP Associates at the University.
Jun Zhang, KTP Finance Administrator, is responsible for all financial administration of KTP awards.
Laura Zuluaga Cardona, Industrial Partnerships Manager supports all faculties. Her expertise are KTPs, Innovate UK, and industry collaborations.