Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
WERC is often involved in a number of KTPs which help companies and organisations achieve strategic change. KTPs are partly funded by the DTI, often through the Research Councils and the partner organisation.
1. Peter Cressey and John Purcell (KTP Associate Michelle Farr) with Bath and North East Somerset Primary Care Trust. ‘From the ground up’ - Developing new employee performance measures. (2005 – 2007) Funding 100% ESRC £111,425
2. Juani Swart and Nick Kinnie (KTP Associate Rebecca Kent) with the Milk Development Council. Improving milk yield by encouraging farmers to use research information. (2006 – 2008) Funding 50% DEFRA, 50% DTI £96,000
3. Peter Cressey (KTP Associate Andrea Lowings) with Bath and North East Somerset Primary Care Trust. Developing a learning culture in a PCT.(2002 -2004) Funding 100% ESRC £96,000
4. John Purcell and Marie Morley (KTP Associate Jackie McGhee) with Swindon and Marlborough NHS Trust. Developing a recruitment and retention strategy for nurses at the Great Western Hospital. (2003 – 2005) Funding 100% ESRC £84,320
5. John Purcell and Alan Arthurs (KTP Associate Marie Morley) with CIP Security. Developing an HR strategy in a security firm. (1999 -2001) Funding 100% ESRC £73,000