- For specific questions on a piece of writing, 1:1 writing tutorials are available online through MS Teams. You can also receive email feedback from a writing tutor. Students can book an appointment through MySkills. Due to the current lockdown, in-person appointments have unfortunately been suspended until further notice.
- You can continue to book maths and statistics drop-ins online through MS Teams, from 13.15pm-3.05pm every day throughout the assessment period. Access to in-person drop-ins in the Skills Zone is currently restricted - find out how to request an in-person drop-in.
Academic Skills Blog
During the revision and assessment period, if you need extra help with essay-writing skills and exam techniques, the Academic Skills blog has lots of useful tips and short videos. These include:
- Getting started on your essay
- How to analyse essay titles and questions
- Understanding instruction words in academic essay titles
- Writing your reflective essay
- Top tips for exam preparation
- Top tips for taking open book exams 1 – Preparation
- Top tips for taking open book exams 2 – On the day
- Mastering multiple choice question (MCQ) exams
- Top tips for time management
We have also written a guide with advice on planning revision, revision strategies, and combating nerves:
You can access a range of useful online courses on MySkills to develop your academic skills in preparation for exams, for example:
- Essential essay writing
- Analysis of essay titles
- Manage your time effectively
- Support for online exams (prototype).
View a list of academic skills online resources.
For all the latest updates on Skills Centre support, follow @BathSkills on Twitter.