Skills Zone 1-1 Support
- If your students have specific questions on their writing, Skills Zone 50-minute 1:1 writing tutorials, delivered online through MS Teams, will continue to run until 6 June. Students can book an appointment through MySkills.
- Your students can continue to register for maths and statistics drop-ins from 11am-1pm throughout the assessment period. Please note, the MASH team will not be answering questions related to 'live' exams.
Academic Skills Blog
During the University’s extended assessment period, if your students need extra help with their essay-writing skills and exam techniques, the Academic Skills blog has lots of useful tips and short videos. These include:
- Getting started on your essay
- How to analyse essay titles and questions
- Understanding instruction words in academic essay titles
- Including a thesis statement in your essay
- Make your writing flow – Logical connections
- Make your writing flow 2 – Topic sentences
- Make your writing flow 3 – Transitions
- Make your writing flow 4 - Clear and concise style
- Make your writing flow 5 – Variety and rhythm
- Writing a reflective essay
- Top tips for exam preparation
Top tips for taking open book exams 1 – Preparation
- Top tips for taking open book exams 2 – On the day
- Mastering multiple choice question (MCQ) exams
More help on essay and reflective writing, dissertation support, writing business reports and verbal reasoning skills for assessment centre tests will be added soon. Follow @BathSkills on Twitter for the latest posts or subscribe to the Academic Skills blog.