This page was updated at 20.27
The University will be operating limited services on Saturday 2 February due to the current adverse weather which is affecting Bath and the surrounding areas.
Although bus services are operating, some planned events have been affected by the adverse weather.
- The Pharmacy UCAS Applicant Visitor Day scheduled for Saturday 2 February is postponed. Candidates will be advised about a choice of alternative dates as soon as possible.
- The Royal Institution Maths Masterclass also scheduled for Saturday is cancelled. Those who have signed up and given contact details should receive a direct e-mail.
The following will be open, however please check travel guidance on local radio before making any journey:
- The Library will be open as usual with self-service facilities
- The Virgil Building will be open from 8:00 until 20:00
- The Sports Training Village café will open from 9:00 to 17:00
- The Lime Tree will be open from 10:00 to 21:00
- Fresh Express will open from 10:00-16:00
Colleagues from our Department of Estates are making every effort to clear and grit surfaces on campus, however please take care when walking. Health and Safety advice is:
- walk, don’t run. Wear non-slip footwear. Allow more time for your journey, just as you would if driving
- try to leave hands free to aid balance and protect against falls
- stick to footpaths and avoid steep banks and inclines
- take care when walking or cycling up and down hills.
On no account attempt to walk on areas of frozen water, including the lake, which is extremely hazardous.