Applications are invited for the David Parkin Visiting Professorship for the academic year 2019 to 2020.
Each year the Esther Parkin Trust will contribute up to £20K towards the travel and living costs of the successful applicant. The amount should reflect the length of the visit. Living costs will normally be based on provision of accommodation in the Esther Parkin residences where available, with other costs not exceeding £25 per day. The Visiting Professor will be required to claim expenses in line with the University’s travel and subsistence policy.
Guidelines and a timetable are set out on the HR website.
The first deadline to note is 25 January 2019.
Previous David Parkin Visiting Professors
- Professor Juan Carlos Pardo – Mathematical Sciences
- Professor Gary Goertz – SPS
- Professor David Haig – Biology and Biochemistry
- Professor Jonathan Colton – Mechanical Engineering
- Professor Kees van Leuuwen – Chemical Engineering
- Professor Vladas Sidoravicius – Mathematical Sciences
- Professor Vicent Moliner – Chemistry
- Professor Michele Arsta – Chemical Engineering
- Professor Estban Tabak – Mathematical Sciences