The 7th round of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Future Leaders Fellowships will open on 6 September 2022, with a UKRI deadline of 6 December 2022.
Potential applicants should submit an internal Expression of Interest no later than 31 August 2022 (23:59) via this online form. You will be required to complete and submit this template case for support.
Due to the requirement for host contribution to fellows salary and offer of an open-ended post after the fellowship, all applications must be strongly supported by the Head of Department.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome soon after the University Selection Panel Meeting, to be held in the week commencing 19 September 2022; Unsuccessful candidates will receive feedback.
Key criteria for this scheme:
- quality and excellence is vital: applicants must demonstrate exceptional potential to be world-leading, and plan to address a multi-faceted Research or Innovation challenge
- applicants need to be clear on what they will gain from the long-term, flexibility offered by the scheme: what is the added value of an FLF for the applicant and/or why are standard grants or RC Fellowships not optimal?
- FLFs are for early career academics and offer a step-change (existing Fellows announced here)
- enhanced host commitment and tailored support for the fellow is crucial (e.g. bespoke career development opportunities, mentoring, facilities access) -strong applicants can demonstrate that they have considered leadership and career development for themselves and the staff they plan to employ on the award
- applicants may only have one fellowship under consideration by any part of UKRI at any one time, unless explicitly stated otherwise.