The Doctoral College is looking for two student workers who can provide secretarial support to the 12 Student Staff Liaison Committees (SSLCs) over the course of the year. SSLCs are an opportunity for Faculty staff and student reps to come together and discuss topical student issues within the Faculty. The post holders will be required to:
- schedule the committee meetings
- liaise with the SSLC Chair(s) and Academic Reps to compile agenda items and circulate any pre-meeting documentation to attendees
- take accurate notes in the SSLCs
- write up any meeting notes and circulate to meeting attendees and other members
- follow up on actions, where necessary
Who we are looking for?
You must be a current student at the University of Bath. To avoid any conflict of interest you should not apply for this position if you are an Academic Representative. If successful, you will service meetings for Faculties outside of your own subject area.
You must have:
- excellent listening skills, e.g. able to summarise important information
- excellent written communication skills, e.g. able to take notes, record accurate information and produce MS Word documents
- excellent organisational skills, including diary management
- excellent people skills, e.g. able to build rapport with others
- experience of using online platforms, e.g. MS Teams/Zoom
Ideally, you will have:
- minute and/or note taking experience
- administrative experience
Hours of work
We are looking for two student workers to service the remaining 12 SSLCs. Each Faculty/School has an additional three meetings that need to take place before June 2020.
Whilst there will be no set hours, some flexibility will be required as you will need to schedule the meetings accordingly at times that suit the entire committee.
All meetings will take place online using MS Teams.
Casual Worker 2 - £9.30 p/h (plus 12.07% holiday pay)
How to apply
Please send a CV and a short covering letter outlining relevant experience in the body of an email to Oli Schofield, Doctoral Engagement Manager (email@example.com). The deadline for applications is Thursday 17 December 2020 23:59.
Interviews are likely to take place in January 2021 and will take place on MS Teams.