When applying for, and receiving funding from, US Public Health Service (PHS) funding bodies such as the NIH, there are additional requirements for the investigator and research team to adhere to.
The University of Bath Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) Policy outlines the responsibilities of each role. This policy aims to ensure research integrity by promoting objectivity in research.
All information about your responsibilities are contained within the policy so please read it in full and ensure you complete all relevant training and documentation.
The US Public Health Service Agencies (PHS), for which the Financial Conflict of Interest Policy (FCOI) applies, are as follows:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Services (IHS)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)