About this opportunity
We are looking to recruit a small group of doctoral researchers across the GW4 community, who are using NVivo in their research, to develop learning resources for other doctoral researchers to use. Ideally these learning resources should illustrate how you use NVivo within your research.
Successful applicants will be employed on a casual teaching contract and can claim up to 15 hours for developing the resource.
This opportunity has several benefits:
- provides a fantastic development opportunity
- uses the practical, ‘on the ground’ experience of our doctoral researchers
- gives the resource ‘currency’ - made by doctoral students for doctoral students
- provides a paid opportunity
More about the learning resources
We are looking to recruit around 8 students across the GW4 community to work on topics including, but not limited to:
- theory- or data-driven data analysis (for example thematic analysis or grounded theory)
- conducting literature reviews and working with NVivo and reference managers (EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero)
- using queries and visualising data or coding
- coding and analysing video and audio materials
- importing and analysing survey data-
- collecting and analysing social media data
- creating coding frameworks
- working with maps and diagrams
- using case of file classifications
- working with auto-coding
- using a framework matrix
- how to facilitate double-coding or teamwork more broadly
- any other NVivo feature or trick that has been useful in your work
Applicants should ideally have some experience of online teaching and resource development (although not essential). Experience of producing videos, podcasts or posters will be an advantage.
The successful applicants will be expected to create online resources in a variety of formats, which could include including short video presentations, podcasts, infographics, exercise and task sheets and interactive pdfs. Technical support will be available, if required. The resources will be clearly credited and attributed to the creator.
This pilot project is part of new initiative to create a community of NVivo users.
How to apply
To apply for one of these positions, please fill in this application form.
The closing date for applications is 9 May.