The recycling scheme for snack packaging and oral hygiene products has returned, for all students and staff to use.
The scheme now allows you to recycle makeup packaging too.
The recycling boxes are located in:
- Outside Fresh
- The Virgil Building
- West Accommodation Centre
- 2 South reception
- John Wood reception, in the city
Snack packet recycling
You can recycle packets from:
- Crisps (multipack outer packaging is also accepted)
Any brand is accepted, but please don’t fold packets into triangles.
Packets do not need to be washed, just empty.
Oral hygiene recycling
You can recycle:
- Toothbrush outer packaging
- Toothpaste boxes
- Toothpaste tubes and caps
The items can be any brand and just need to be dry when left in the box.
Make up recycling
You can recycle :
- Makeup compacts, tubes and pots
- Eye makeup containers, such as mascara wands, eyeliner pens and eyeshadow compacts
- Makeup packaging, such as lipsticks, lip glosses and lip balms
Items can be any brand and just need to be empty when left in the box.
Glass containers, wooden eye pencils, makeup brushes and nail varnish cannot be recycled.
This scheme is another way that you can help us Leave No Trace, our recycling and waste management initiative that aims to help reduce our environmental impact.