Start Semester 2 with confidence by taking advantage of the great development opportunities available with the Skills Centre.
Registration for Semester 2 is now open online. You can choose from a mixture of courses, one-off sessions, one-to-one support and drop-ins, all delivered by our highly qualified and experienced staff.
If you are looking to improve your academic skills you can choose from:
- a 10-week or 4-week writing course with lots of opportunities for you to practise key aspects of academic writing including how to present your own ideas and arguments in your assignments.
- 90-minute workshops which give you the flexibility of focusing just on the particular aspects of writing where you need support without committing to a course.
- an 8-week or 4-week presentation skills course where you can practise planning, creating and giving presentations with a group and help build your confidence.
- a 10-week or 4-week critical reading course to develop your approach and strategies when reading academic texts.
If English is your second language and you would like some additional support we also run the following 10-week courses:
- Cambridge English FCE, CAE and CPE levels, and also for BEC, the business English exam, where you will also have the opportunity to gain an internationally recognised qualification and improve your overall level of English.
- Discussion skills and Pronunciation and listening which will help you build confidence when communicating in English and offer opportunities to focus on specific pronunciation areas you would like to improve.
- English for employment to improve the English language skills you will need to communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Grammar development which will help you develop grammatical accuracy in your spoken and written English.
Our courses and sessions are available to all students and staff of the University free of charge. They are timetabled to help you fit them in with other commitments, and tailored to give you support in the areas you need.
Enrol now to make the most of your studies and get ahead with skills at Bath.