Following the news that the UK will associate to Horizon Europe, details have begun to emerge regarding the ERC calls for 2021.
ERC Advanced Grants provide an opportunity to well established and outstanding scientists of any nationality to pursue innovative, high-risk research that opens new directions in a field of their choice. The ERC supports frontier research that opens new directions and breakthroughs and encourages unconventional approaches and investigations at the interface between disciplines.
- Monday 2 August: Applicant to set up draft PAM costing and engage with their Pre-Award Development Officer (or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 16 August: Applicant to have submitted their final PAM costing for internal approval
- Friday 20 August: Applicant to have added email@example.com as a participant to their application on the portal
- Friday 20 August: Letter to be finalised (with confirmed project title) and submitted to Dr Alex Harrison (firstname.lastname@example.org for signature
- Tuesday 31 August: ERC Advanced Grant closes (Note: Fri 27 August is last working day)
ERC Consolidator Grants are designed to support researchers of any nationality at the stage of consolidating their own research team or programme. This grant scheme will strengthen recently created independent and excellent research teams.
The ERC Consolidator grant is a way of addressing the fact that researchers face challenges when they are consolidating their independent careers in Europe. The current situation limits or delays the emergence of the next generation of researchers in Europe. This grant offers researchers a unique opportunity to consolidate their position.
ERC Starting Grant
ERC Starting Grants aim to support up-and-coming researchers (between 2 – 7 years post PhD) looking to establish their own research team and to start conducting independent research in Europe. The scheme targets researchers who show great promise of becoming independent research leaders.
While the next call has not yet been formally confirmed, there is a preliminary deadline for the 2021 ERC Starting Grant of 24 March 2021.
More information can be found on the University of Bath Wiki pages for Horizon Europe and the ERC Starting Grant. Additional resources are available through the Wiki, including a pre-recorded UKRO webinar introducing Horizon Europe, and access to register for two upcoming webinars related specifically to the Starting Grant call.
Those interested in applying for any of the above calls, or looking for more information regarding European or international funding opportunities, should contact Dr Alex Harrison directly to discuss this further. Email: email@example.com.