The University of Bath invites applications from early-career researchers interested in applying to the Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowships 2023/24 call.
Successful applicants to the internal selection will have a mentor in their research area, as well as cohort support from Research and Innovation Services (RIS). This will give a much greater period for proposal development before the RAEng Research Fellowships call opens over the summer.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from internal and external candidates. The scheme welcomes applications from early-career researchers worldwide who have been awarded their PhD in the last four years.
The scheme limits the number of applications per institution to two applications per round. In line with previous years, the University of Bath is carrying out a process to select up to two candidates to be put forward to the scheme.
Two additional candidates can be submitted if the candidates identify as belonging to underrepresented groups. The Academy has identified the following groups that are currently clearly significantly underrepresented in UK engineering research:
- black people, including those with any mixed ethnicity with Black ethnic background(s)
- disabled people
How to apply
The selection process will take place in two stages: cohort and full proposal stages. Applications will be subject to a peer-review and panel decision. Applicants not selected to go through to the second stage will receive feedback.
Candidates selected in the first stage cohort will receive mentorship from a senior academic and support from RIS to develop their proposal for a second, internal peer-review panel stage.
To be considered for selection, you will need to complete a short application form, submit a proposal summary and CV (details in the form below) by Monday 20 February 2023 at 5pm.
- Internal candidates: please complete this form, upload your proposal summary and your CV
- External candidates: please download the application form and email it along with your proposal summary and CV to email@example.com
Cohort selection criteria:
- candidate track record and potential for development
- research idea, novelty and timeliness
- fit with the University and Faculty’s research strengths
Cohort development stage (EoI)
- deadline for submission of applications at cohort stage: 20 February
- decision to applicants: w/c 27 February
Second stage (Full proposal)
- deadline for submission of full proposal draft costings: 15 June
- decision to applicants: 30 June
Selected candidates must be aware that final submission will be subject to interim and final peer-reviews to ensure quality of the proposal (expected to be in September).
The call is not open yet, but you can view last year’s guidance
Watch our @Home with RAEng Fellowships event recording from 6 December 2021
Additional questions can be submitted to our RIS contact: Ana Serra on firstname.lastname@example.org