Teams is a useful collaborative tool that many staff are using across the University, taking advantage of chat, online meetings, calling, file management and a project workspace from one platform. Bringing all these capabilities into one modern platform simplifies the number of tools you need enabling us to innovate faster and better support you with your online meetings and calls.
From Monday 24 February, everyone using Skype for Business will move to Teams Once your account has been upgraded, you will no longer be able to log into your Skype for Business account.
Benefits of using Teams:
- Offers familiar Skype for Business chat and meeting features to maintain a consistent feel
- Simplifies communication with a centralised contact list and persistent chat tracking for quick access to your conversations
- Saves time by providing a single location for your project notes, Office documents, team members, conversations and meetings
- Easy to find email attachments, by storing and accessing files in one place
Prepare for your upgrade to Teams:
- Begin using Teams as your primary chat, calling and meetings tool, if you haven’t already
- (Optional) Reschedule any Skype for Business meetings to Teams
- Initiate all chat (IM), calls and new meetings in Teams
- Read the Quick Start guide to Teams
- Book yourself onto our Teams training course