Are you unsure about your next steps after your postgraduate studies? Are you keen to learn more about how to get your career off to a flying start? Would you like help to present your skills and experience effectively to future employers?
We're offering a special programme of support - Stay Connected 2020 - to this year's postgraduate students completing their studies to equip you with the skills and resilience you need to navigate today's challenging job market.
Starting on 7 December, Stay Connected 2020 is a two-week programme of engaging talks and discussions covering different aspects of careers and skills development support. Sessions will include:
- Job hunting in an uncertain market
- Presenting your postgraduate skills and experience to employers
- Coping with change and uncertainty and building your resilience
- Creating a powerful LinkedIn profile and finding opportunities on LinkedIn
- Building an effective network
- Getting the most out of our active alumni network and Bath Connection platform
Week 2 of the programme will focus on practising key job hunting skills in small group sessions such as drafting job applications, writing with impact and articulating your skills, producing an effective CV and developing interview techniques. Students will also have access to ongoing support from the Careers Service.
All postgraduate taught and research students who have completed their studies are welcome to take part in the programme. Please book your sessions in advance on the Stay Connected website.
Don't forget to join the entire University community at the Virtual Celebration on 2 December to celebrate your achievement.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Stay Connected community!