In response to the unique challenges facing our postgraduate students completing their studies this year, the University is pleased to offer them a special programme of support - Stay Connected 2020.
Starting on 7 December, Stay Connected 2020, organised jointly by the Careers Service and Skills Centre, is a two-week programme of engaging talks and discussions covering different aspects of careers and skills development support. Sessions will include:
- Job hunting in an uncertain market
- Presenting your postgraduate skills and experience to employers
- Coping with change and uncertainty and building your resilience
- Creating a powerful LinkedIn profile and finding opportunities on LinkedIn
- Building an effective network
- Getting the most out of our active alumni network and Bath Connection platform
Week 2 of the programme will focus on practising key job hunting skills in small group sessions such as drafting job applications, writing with impact and articulating your skills, producing an effective CV and developing interview techniques. Students will also have access to ongoing bespoke support from the Careers Service.
This programme has been put together to give students that extra support we think they may need to navigate their way through this testing climate. – Dr Cassie Wilson, Vice-President (Student Experience)
All postgraduate taught and research students completing their studies this year can take part in the programme.
Whatever your students are planning to do, we hope the Stay Connected 2020 programme will help them with their next steps. Please encourage them to take part - the full programme is available on the Stay Connected website.