The University of Bath's Education Technology Archive (ETA) is a growing collection of technology equipment, carefully collected, preserved, and restored for educational benefit.
The mission of the ETA
The ETA seeks to demystify educational technology through the preservation of historical equipment. It seeks to bring technology back to life within a practical setting so that the knowledge, innovation and cultural value are not lost or forgotten.
It is common for institutions to have outdated equipment in stores since the equipment is often replaced after five years and technical skills and knowledge have moved on. Most of this equipment is usually recycled but some of it can be extended beyond its typical life cycle through the ETA, offering an opportunity to build on practical skills long term.
If you have anything that you think may be suitable to donate to the archive, we'd be happy to hear from you. This could include:
- Audio equipment (hearing support, signal processors etc)
- Calculators (simple to complex)
- Classroom technologies (chalkboards; whiteboards etc)
- Computers (including laptops; tablets, single board etc & software)
- Counting devices (counters, abacuses, samplers etc)
- Printing and Scanning
- Programmable Toys (Learning, Toy Computers, Robots etc)
- Projectors (Data, Slide, Scopes, Overhead etc)
- Test equipment (meters, scopes etc)
- Video equipment (cameras, televisions, film etc)
- Visual equipment (stereoscopes, kaleidoscopes, epidiascopes etc)
If you have equipment that you would like to donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your items.
Borrowing equipment from the archive
Our current focus is on building, developing and cataloguing the archive. Therefore, it is not yet ready for visitors or loans. We will keep you posted on our progress through our blog and (Twitter)[(https://twitter.com/ETA_Bath) pages.
Find out more
You can follow our progress and keep up to date on the latest ETA developments by visiting our blog or following us on Twitter. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.