Upgrades – AV Technology
Many of the Learning Spaces over the summer break have been upgraded, including:
- East Building 0.5, 0.7, 0.9 – all have new AV equipment and computers
- Chancellors’ Building
- Some of Levels 3, 4 and 5 have had new projectors
- The Large Lecture Theatres (1.12, 2.6, 1.10, 1.11) have all had new data projectors – and are the newest of their type in the country
- Extended desktop (presenter mode) is now available in CB, 1W, EB (0.5, 0.7, 0.9)
- All spaces have been rewired (more than 700 cables changed)
Upgrades – GTA PCs
All of CB and 1W have had new GTA PCs, and they have all been reimaged with new versions of software, as raised through the Software Consultancy Process.
Upgrades – Video Conferencing
3W4.2 is now a fully operational twin screen video conference suite, which will seat 10 people.
In addition to that, many of the spaces across the campus have been changed and now have the ability to video conference. These are:
- 1W4.101 and 1W4.105 meeting rooms.
These rooms can be booked through Timetabling.
- 1W3.103 / 1W3.107
- All 3E Teaching Rooms (except 3E2.9)
- 4E3.38 Teaching Room
- All 6E Teaching Rooms
- WH Council Chamber
- Chancellors Building - CB1.12, CB2.6, CB3.7, CB3.10, CB3.11, CB4.7, CB4.9, CB5.5, CB5.6, CB5.7, CB5.8
- East Building 0.5, 0.7, 0.9
Upgrades – 2E3.1
2E3.1 has been upgraded over the summer, after many years of suffering from some electrical and interfacing issues caused by its original design:
A new aluminium truss structure has been fitted inside the room to allow us to change the lighting in the space – to bring it up to the same standards as the other theatres on campus.
The seats in the theatre have also been upgraded to be a much higher specification, and the AV equipment has been improved to make the room a much nearer match to other areas on campus.