If you are eligible for the Accommodation Bursary, you could receive £1,000 in your first year of study towards University accommodation costs.
The Accommodation Bursary is worth £1,000 in your first year of undergraduate study.
To be eligible, you must:
- be an eligible new first year Home UK* undergraduate student starting studies in 2021 and
- be registered on a full-time undergraduate course and
- be eligible for and have a student loans household income assessment** of over £25,000 up to a maximum of £42,875 and
- live in University managed accommodation
You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- your home is in an area where there is a low participation of young people progressing into higher education
- your home address is considered to be in an area of general disadvantage according to Indices of Multiple Deprivation
- you or your family receive a state means-tested benefit
- you have an Access to HE Diploma
- you are a care leaver
- you are irreconcilably estranged from your parents or guardians
- you are a Young Carer
- you are a refugee or asylum seeker
The information above is gathered from the information you provided on your UCAS application, as well as any information you may submit as part of the online funding application for our other awards e.g. the Bath Bursary, Gold Scholarship or Income Related Scholarships.
*Eligible UK students are those assessed as eligible for tuition fee and maintenance loans, as determined by Student Finance England, or other relevant UK student loans awarding agency, and have a Home fees status as determined by the University. When applying for the maintenance element of student loans you should request for these to be based on your household income.
**You need to request a household income assessment to be completed by your student loans awarding agency, even if you are planning to not take out a maintenance loan. Find out more about applying for household income assessments.
Timeline for 2021 entry:
- March onwards: All offer-holders for 2021 entry will be emailed general information about scholarships and bursaries
- May onwards: Firm and insurance offer-holders for 2021 entry will be emailed information on how to apply for our bursaries and scholarships
- December: Notification of the Accommodation Bursary award outcomes will be emailed
Accommodation Bursaries will be awarded usually from December and awards will be credited directly to your accommodation costs in January.
New undergraduates who start study in 2021 can apply for our main bursary and income related scholarship awards through the University of Bath Application Tracker (student SAMIS account).
Your eligibility for the Accommodation Bursary will be assessed partly on information provided in your UCAS application and household income data from the Student Loans Company (SLC). If you meet the criteria based on this information alone, you may receive a bursary award automatically. However, not all students will qualify based on UCAS data, so we advise you to complete the online application for our main bursary and scholarship awards. This will provide us with additional information and evidence on the criteria that is not received through UCAS. Read our terms and conditions for more information.
Make sure you have given permission for your/your family's household income assessment to be shared with the University by your student loans awarding agency. This is needed so we can assess your eligibility for our funding awards.