About the strand
The University has built a strong portfolio of research-led collaborations, mobility and teaching links with Europe. As a reflection of both the uncertainties of Brexit and new trends in European higher education, this strand of funding supports projects that grow and deepen our relationships with European universities and research institutes. The strand is also part of the 2020 Bath International Funding Schemes.
A second focus of this strand will be on developing partnerships with institutions in the US and Canada.
If you are successful with a European project, you could receive up to £3,000.
If you are successful with a North American project, you could receive up to £5,000.
Successful proposals should:
- explore new research collaborations or develop existing research partnerships
- support disciplinary capacities in strong research areas
- embed research partnerships into networks of excellence
We particularly invite applications from early-career and probationary staff.
- Meetings with researchers, non-academic or industry partners
- Delivery of talks, seminars or workshops
- Preparation of a joint publication and/or an external grant proposal, to be submitted within 12 months of the project’s end
- Award recipients may be requested to meet with alumni during overseas visits
In addition, we expect the following outputs:
- Submission of a final report
- Awardees may be asked to contribute to University showcases for internal and external audiences, including, for example, a presentation, case study or blog
Applicants are responsible for agreeing on the project terms and proposed project schedule with the partner ahead of submitting their application.