About the strand
As part of the 2020 Bath International Funding Schemes, this strand invites applications from professional services staff to develop and strengthen links with partner institutions globally.
If you are successful you could receive up to £3,000.
We welcome proposals with any university partner but encourage applications that focus on one of the partner institutions with which Bath has already developed a significant portfolio of joint activities, including:
- Stellenbosch University
- Monash University
- Zhejiang University (ZJU)
- Yonsei University
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
Colleagues interested in staff exchange with European universities should apply for funding through the Erasmus+ Staff Mobility scheme. The deadline for the Erasmus+ scheme is 6 September 2019.
Successful proposals should demonstrate:
- how the project activities will contribute to your professional development
- how you will be sharing and disseminating what you have learned within your team, department or the wider University community
- how the visit adds value to the partnership and to Bath’s international profile
Successful applicants should have a schedule of meetings and other exchange activities agreed with the host institution.
We expect applicants to coordinate with Bath colleagues, where necessary, to respect existing relationships.
- Peer-to-peer meetings or workshops at the host institution
- Meetings with alumni, if appropriate
- Meetings with funders, community or industry partners, if appropriate
- Exchange of good practice in the relevant professional field
- Delivery of a presentation or training activity, both at the partner institution and at Bath
- Development of focus areas for the partnership in the relevant professional field
In addition, we expect the following outputs:
- Submission of a final report
- Awardees may be asked to contribute to University showcases for internal and external audiences, including, for example, a presentation, case study or blog
Applicants are responsible for agreeing on the project terms and proposed project schedule with the partner ahead of submitting their application.
We encourage reciprocal or match-funding arrangements with the partner institution.