About the strand
As part of the 2020 Bath International Funding Schemes, this strand invites applications from staff interested in internationalising their course provision and enriching the student experience with new international perspectives.
If you are successful you could receive up to £5,000.
Successful proposals should demonstrate:
- how an international perspective adds to the value of a taught course or programme
- how the planned project activity contributes to the student experience
- how the activity fits into departmental and Faculty/School plans
- how the activity adds value and visibility to Bath’s international profile
- Inviting guest lecturers to deliver a class or seminar
- Hosting alumni or Bath Global Chairs for mentoring activities or master classes
- Organising international study tours for small groups of students
- Developing undergraduate research opportunities with international partners
- Meetings with partner institutions to develop collaborative taught programmes
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss more complex proposals with the HoD prior to submission.
Applicants are expected to define and deliver project-appropriate outputs.
In addition, we expect the following outputs:
- Submission of a final report
- Awardees may be asked to contribute to University showcases for internal and external audiences, including, for example, a presentation, case study or blog
Applicants for this strand must be Academic staff (research and/or teaching) from the Education and Research job family, or staff from the Management, Specialist and Administration job family, no later than Wednesday 1 January 2020 at the University of Bath, with a contract of employment for the full duration of the proposed project.
How to submit your application
Applications should be submitted to the Head of Department (HoD) or Line Manager by Friday, 11 October 2019. The HoD/Line Manager will forward the application to the Dean or Director/Director of Administration (or equivalent) for further comments.
Completed and signed application forms should be submitted directly by the Dean/Director to the International Relations Office by Friday, 25 October 2019.