About the strand
Internationalising doctoral training and creating a diverse postgraduate research community are key objectives for our University.
Building opportunities for short-term mobility are particularly important to this effort as they provide flexible support for individual training needs while helping us foster collaborative research networks with institutional partners and grow our international reputation.
As part of the 2020 Bath International Funding Schemes, this funding strand supports applications for summer/winter school concepts that showcase our University’s research and add value and international perspectives to our doctoral training programmes.
Proposals may include partnerships with one or more European institutions, or one of Bath’s core partner institutions, including:
- Stellenbosch University
- Monash University
- Zhejiang University (ZJU)
- Yonsei University
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
If you are successful you could receive up to £30,000.
This call funds summer/winter schools that focus on international exchange and partnerships.
We invite proposals in any discipline but successful summer school concepts should demonstrate interdisciplinary strength and will:
- showcase a key Bath research profile
- add value to an existing doctoral training programme, and/or explore collaborative doctoral provision
- bring Bath students and international participants together
- foster student links with external academic or non-academic mentors
- support the development of research-based partnerships
Summer Schools are expected to take place in Bath or at the Pall Mall facilities but may be organised and delivered jointly with a partner institution.
Summer Schools funded in this strand are research training platforms, and we expect participants to be doctoral students and/or Masters students with a research project.
All funded projects will be expected to:
- submit a final report
- contribute to University showcases for internal and external audiences, including, for example, a presentation, case study or blog
We encourage reciprocal or match-funding arrangements with the partner institution(s).