About the strand
As part of the 2020 Bath International Funding Schemes, successful proposals will foster networks of research excellence, enable innovative training opportunities, or establish impactful knowledge partnerships.
We expect proposals to focus on one of the partner institutions with which Bath has already developed a significant portfolio of research links and joint activities, including:
- Stellenbosch University
- Monash University
- Zhejiang University (ZJU)
- Yonsei University
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
If you are successful you could receive between £2,000 and £10,000.
Colleagues interested in developing collaborations with our core partner Universidade de São Paulo (USP) may apply to the current 2020 Bath-FAPESP SPRINT call. This call will close on 28 October 2019.
Successful proposals should:
- explore new research collaborations or develop existing research partnerships
- support disciplinary capacities in strong research areas
- embed research partnerships into networks of excellence
We particularly invite applications from early-career researchers and probationary lecturers.
- Meetings with researchers, non-academic or industry partners
- Delivery of talks, seminars or workshops
- Preparation of a joint publication and/or an external grant proposal, to be submitted within 12 months of the project’s end
- Award recipients may be requested to meet with alumni during overseas visits
In addition, we expect the following outputs:
- Submission of a final report
- Awardees may be asked to contribute to University showcases for internal and external audiences, including, for example, a presentation, case study or blog
Applicants are responsible for agreeing on the project terms and proposed project schedule with the partner ahead of submitting their application.