Apply for Bath Global Chair Scheme 2018/19
The International Relations Office invites nominations for Global Chair distinguished visiting professorships for the 2018/19 academic year.
About the scheme
The Global Chair scheme is a University programme designed to attract distinguished international visiting professors to engage in high-profile research and networking activities at Bath.
The scheme supports the University in linking up with world-class research expertise and strategic international networks and institutions.
Award criteria for nominations
- Outstanding international research profile in any discipline that fits with or compliments the University’s research strengths
- Potential contribution and benefit to the host department and to the University as a whole
Award and affiliation
This visiting appointment is for a period of 1 year, from September 2018 to August 2019. The expected contribution would be the equivalent of one day a week over a year, which can be made in a variety of ways. The actual period spent at Bath would normally be no more than two months.
The University will contribute funds towards:
- international travel to and from Bath
- accommodation and living expenses in Bath
Award holders are expected to engage in the following activities:
- delivery/engagement in specialist seminars and discussions with Bath colleagues
- mentoring and interaction with students through master classes, career support, or meetings with doctoral students
- public engagement, including a public lecture or other events that cross over into the wider University community, and media contributions
- developing international networks at Bath
- alumni engagement
|9am, Monday 21 May 2018||Deadline for submission to HoD for comment|
|9am, Monday 28 May 2018||Deadline for submission to Dean for comment|
|9am, Monday 4 June 2018||Deadline for submission to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|w/c 2 July 2018||Results announced|
How to submit your nomination
Nominations should be submitted to the Head of Department (HoD) by 9am, Monday, 21 May 2018. The HoD will forward the nomination to the Dean.
Completed nomination forms should be submitted directly by the Dean to email@example.com no later than 9am, Monday 4 June 2018.
The nomination must include:
- a completed nomination form
- a full CV of the nominated candidate