The annual One Young World Summit is attended by the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations as well as world leaders. Speakers have included Kofi Annan, Arianna Huffington, Emma Watson, Meghan Markle, Justin Trudeau, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Mary Robinson, Sol Campbell and Sir Bob Geldof.
Why attend One Young World?
- Network with committed activists, young leaders and global figureheads
- Attend inspirational keynote lectures from some of the world’s most powerful individuals
- Debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces
- Represent the University of Bath
Previous years' students have attended summits in Bogotá, London, Ottawa, Bangkok, Dublin, The Hague and Johannesburg. Read about their experiences on our previous delegates’ blogs.
Apply to become a delegate
Applications are open to students from the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences and School of Management. The trip will be fully funded by the Faculty and School.
The 2020 Munich summit takes place between the 14 and 17 of October.
The deadline for applications is 3 April. In your application you will need to:
- explain how you would benefit from attending
- tell us if you’ve got a project or idea you’d like to develop on your return
You must also agree to the competition terms and conditions.
If you get shortlisted, you will be invited for interview to review your motivations and eligibility. Skype interviews can be arranged if you are on a placement or study year abroad.