The annual One Young World Summit is attended by the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations as well as world leaders. Speakers have included Kofi Annan, Arianna Huffington, Emma Watson, Meghan Markle, Justin Trudeau, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Mary Robinson, Sol Campbell and Sir Bob Geldof.
Why attend One Young World?
- Network with committed activists, young leaders and global figureheads
- Attend inspirational keynote lectures from some of the world’s most powerful individuals
- Debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces
- Represent the University of Bath
Previous years' students have attended summits in Bogotá, London, Ottawa, Bangkok, Dublin, The Hague and Johannesburg. Read about their experiences on our previous delegates’ blogs.
Apply to become a delegate
One Young World Tokyo takes place 23-26 May 2022. This means that students who will have exams during this period will be unable to attend.
Students on placement, undertaking PhDs, or on courses with assignments as opposed to exams will be eligible to apply. However if you are selected as a delegate you must ensure you have permission to attend from your employer, supervisor, or your Director of Studies.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 17 October 2021. In your application you will need to:
- explain how you would benefit from attending
- tell us if you’ve got a project or idea you’d like to develop on your return
You must also agree to the competition terms and conditions.
If you get shortlisted, you will be invited for interview to review your motivations and eligibility. Skype interviews can be arranged if you are on a placement or study year abroad.